If you’re not a U.S. citizen, you may need to apply for an ITIN first using a W-7 form which takes 16 – 18 weeks. Instructions are here.

We have been testing using the equivalent of a SSN on the forms. So for a British Citizen, use the National Insurance Number, for example. (We will know whether this method works by the end of 2022.)