Yes, if your landlord is willing to accept it and wait up to 120 business days for the funds.  You can also use a trustee like us and we will pay the rent for you once the funds are received.

Complete the 1099-A in the same manner as purchasing a house or car, not paying a debt to a bank, credit card or utility company.

As a Sovereign, you absolutely deserve to own your own home so you should file a 1099-A to purchase a home too.